Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Project Preemie Hats

Welcome to my new blog.  As you know I also have another blog for my writing.  This one is dedicated to "Preemies."  None of my children were preemies but being a Nurse we saw the tiny little babies in incubators that are fighting for their lives every minute.  Let's give them a little bit of help and comfort and also help the parents feel like these babies are babies.  Hats are needed to help keep their body heat in, tiny blankets fifteen by fifteen inches are needed too.  These blankets also comfort the parents.  Tiny clothing is also needed.  All items should be made with baby or sport yarn, all ends woven in.  Items can be knit, crochet, and blankets can also be sewn.  The hats should be 9 inches in circumference, smaller ones are also accepted.  One Nurse said to make them fit a large egg.  I will be posting patterns for ideas.  Feel free to make your own designs.  Anyone who wants to donate items can contact me and I will give you the address of where to send items.  No items will be sold all will be donated under the name S&N Crafters.  Thank you in advance for your help.

Just a FYI - I got up at 1:00 AM to design this Blog, that is how important this project is to me.  A few of my friends have also said they were going to help make items too.  Always looking for volunteers.  Good night all.  Have a good one.....

6 comments:

  1. I can't seem to locate the pattern for preemie dress #3. Am I just missing it somehow?? Thanks. bencamcol1@myactv.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have recently redesigned the preemie hat blog. Should be able to find thing a little better. Let me know if this helps. Thanks for viewing. Nan

      Delete
  2. I too am having trouble locating patterns that have pictures in the side bar. Can you do a complete listing of the hats and dresses that you have with links to the patterns? I knit and crochet at a church and one of our on-going charities are preemie hats and blankets.

    Thanks -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I redesigned the blog and added most of the pictures on the right blog. It should be easier for all of the readers. So glad to hear that the church is making hats. Good project. Nancy

      Delete
  3. The same here I have had a bit of trouble finding patterns. The ones I have copied I have made up and they turned out beautiful. I would like to get the 'shell' cocoon pattern but I can't seem to find it. Any help would be appreciated. thanks Christine (Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christine, Sorry you are having problems finding patterns. I was adding pictures on the correct pattern and got into something else before I totally finished. The pattern you are looking for is called New Cuddle Sac Pattern. Go to January 5. 2012 and the pattern is there with the picture. I hope this is the right one. It is an easy pattern and works up quick. Thank you for following me. I do appreciate it. Let me know if I can assist again. Nancy

    ReplyDelete